The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has questioned a teacher in Thane regarding his connection to a Pune-based software engineer arrested for alleged links with Al Qaeda and other banned outfits.
The prosecution has proved the entire chain that connected the accused with each other for achieving the goal of executing the bomb blast and perform terrorist acts, the written statement, filed by the intervenor for the victims, said.
The Bharatiya Janata Party leaders said the 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case was a "slap on the face" of people who coined the term "saffron terror".
'The Pakistan establishment keeps him well protected.'
'The elimination of terrorists does not imply the neutralisation of terrorism. That terrorist ecosystem continues to thrive in Kashmir.'
However, no explosive or nothing suspicious has been found so far in these schools and hospitals.
Two police commandos were on Monday injured in twin blasts near Manipur Mountaineer Training Association in Imphal West district of the state, where militants have called for a boycott of Republic Day celebrations.
A special court in Mumbai has ordered the transfer of 14 properties belonging to Tiger Memon, an alleged mastermind of the 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blasts, and his family to the central government. The properties, which were in the possession of the Bombay High Court's receiver since 1994, were forfeited under the Smugglers and Foreign Exchange Manipulators (Forfeiture of Property) Act (SAFEM) after proceedings initiated against Memon in 1993 based on a detention order issued by the Maharashtra government. The properties include a flat in Bandra, an office in Mahim, a plot in Santacruz, and several other properties across Mumbai.
The court directed the police to provide sufficient security to the applicant and his family members as contemplated under the Witness Protection and Security Act as early as possible.
'India has experienced any number of doctors, engineers, and individuals from professional backgrounds being implicated in terrorism. This is not a novel development.' 'These are mobilisations of opportunity. One does not exclusively associate with one's own kind. A comprehensive conspiracy requires diverse skill sets.' 'One needs individuals with local community contacts, those possessing physical capabilities, technical expertise -- an entire spectrum of capacities.'
A powerful bomb exploded at Imphal market complex on Wednesday evening
The explosive, probably a crude bomb, went off at around 5 PM behind the old Railway station in the busy Amolapatty area below an electric pole, district Superintendent of Police Rana Bhuyan said
The 1993 Mumbai bombings were a series of 12 coordinated explosions across the city on March 12, 1993, killing 257 people and injuring hundreds.
The blast took place in the town of Pul-i-Khumri which is approximately 150 kms north of Kabul. However, officials said that they were still trying to ascertain the number of dead and injured victims.
One person was killed and another injured when suspected militants set off a bomb near Imphal College on the road leading to the airport, police sources in Imphal said.
There was no casualty or injuries as there was nobody in the building barring the security personnel.\n\n
Strongly condemning the Mumbai serial blasts, North Atlantic Treaty Organisation's Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has expressed his outrage at the killing of innocent civilians in the terror strike. "These attacks against innocent civilians are outrageous and on behalf of the Alliance, I want to express my sincere condolences to the Indian authorities and especially to the families of the victims," Rasmussen said.
At least three people have been injured in a minor bomb last in Agra's Jai hospital on Saturday evening. The crude bomb was placed at the hospital's reception. There are no reports of any casualties as yet.
The issue of hoax bomb threats to more than 400 schools in the capital triggered a political storm ahead of the Delhi assembly polls on Tuesday, with the Bharatiya Janata Party raising questions about the possible links between those involved and the Aam Aadmi Party, prompting the latter to strongly rebuke the claims.
At least 22 people, including five women and two children, were killed and over 60 others injured on Tuesday when a powerful car bomb went off outside the home of a senior Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leader in Punjab province, the latest in a wave of terror attacks in Pakistan that have claimed more than 500 lives since October.
Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Sunday demanded that Leader of Opposition Partap Singh Bajwa reveal the source of his claim that 50 bombs had reached the state, questioning if he had direct links with Pakistan. Bajwa, who had made the statement in a TV interview, said he cooperated with police but refused to divulge his sources. The police visited Bajwa's residence and questioned him about his statement. Mann also sought a clarification from the Congress party, saying the government will take strict action if Bajwa's statement was meant only to "create panic."
According to the latest buzz, Rohit Shetty's next directorial will be based on Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria's autobiography, Let Me Say It Now, and John will essay the central role.
At least three children were among 26 killed in the bombing, the latest in a string of attacks by the rebels amid spiralling fighting in the north which has claimed 300 lives in the two weeks since the government announced its decision to scrap the ceasefire.
Two persons were killed when a powerful bomb exploded in Imphal West district of Manipur late on Tuesday night, official sources said. A powerful bomb, allegedly planted by unidentified militants, went off at Kamakhya Pemton college campus at Hiyangthang area, 15 km from Imphal.
The investigation revealed the motive of the accused, identified as Ashish Kumar Dusadh, was to frame a man who had warned Dusadh to stay away from his sister-in-law, the Ahmedabad crime branch said in a release.
Local people prevented the police from reaching the site immediately after the blast and it could have been done to shield the accused, said Thakur's lawyer, advocate JP Mishra.
A gas cylinder blast in a house at Dholahat in West Bengal's Pathar Pratima has claimed eight lives, including four children. The explosion, which occurred on Monday night, triggered a massive fire, intensified by the presence of stacked firecrackers inside the house. The incident has sparked a political controversy, with the BJP demanding a National Investigation Agency (NIA) probe and the TMC maintaining that the police are already investigating and that the state government has a "zero-tolerance " policy towards such incidents. The blast has also raised concerns about the safety of illegal firecracker manufacturing units, which have been linked to several recent accidents in the state.
'6 shooters went to kill Dawood in Pakistan.'
The bomb, kept in the Ganeshguri wholesale vegetable market, exploded at around 6.50 pm.
Remarks by Congress and NCP (SP) leaders in Maharashtra suggesting the term 'Sanatani terrorist' have sparked a controversy, drawing strong criticism from the BJP, which accuses them of 'Hindu hatred' and 'appeasement politics'.
Former IPS officer Meeran Borwankar claims political interference hindered justice in the Malegaon and 7/11 blasts, and the Narendra Dabholkar murder case. She cited instances of pressure on investigators and prosecutors.
On September 29, 2008, a bomb explosion at 9:35pm opposite Shakil Goods Transport Company situated between Anjuman Chowk and Bhiku Chowk in Malegaon killed six persons and injured 101.
A special court in India has reserved its verdict in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, which killed six people and injured over 100. The trial began nearly 17 years after the bombing in the town of Malegaon, located in Maharashtra. The prosecution concluded its final arguments on Saturday, marking the end of the hearings. Seven individuals, including Lieutenant Colonel Prasad Purohit and BJP leader Pragya Thakur, are facing charges under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) and the Indian Penal Code (IPC). The verdict is expected to be delivered on May 8th.
A special court, in its acquittal order in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, has highlighted a running battle between the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) and the National Investigation Agency (NIA), pointing out stark contradictions in their probe.
'Audiences will buy tickets for a film on Dawood, not on Swami Vivekananda.'
The investigation for 7/11 blast in which 189 people died was under question mark from the very first month after the Mumbai Anti-Terrorism Squad started arresting the accused from different parts of city. Within 10 days of blast by July 22, 2006, ATS arrested all the 13 terror accused in the case under the leadership of ATS chief, K P Raghuvanshi.
Three blasts rocked Mumbai's crowded Zaveri Bazar, Opera House and Dadar Kabootarkhana areas on Wednesday evening, killing 10 and injuring at least 100 people.
The youth used to watch radicalised content online, Bathinda senior superintendent of police Amneet Kondal told reporters in Bathinda on Friday.
The explosion took place at St Mark's Cathedral, main Coptic Christian cathedral, in Abbassyia district of central Cairo around 10:00 am when the prayers were on, according to a statement by the ministry of health.
A crude bomb kept in a bag exploded near the Dum Dum cantonment on Saturday, leaving two children injured.